Ohio TweetsOhio NewsOhio Casino and Card Room GamingOhio Charitable GamingOhio LotteriesOhio Race WageringOhio Sports Betting

Ohio Charitable Gaming

Ohio allows bingo for charitable purposes. Charitable gaming was administered by the Attorney General's office until 2004, when it moved under the aegis of the Ohio Lottery Commission.

Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, the Ohio Legislature revised the state's charitable bingo laws in 2004. The new law ensured any entity looking to conduct traditional or instant bingo must be approved as a charitable organization by the Attorney General's office and issued a license by the Ohio Lottery. The new law permitted the charitable organization to retain 75% of the first $75,000 profit made from instant bingo for reimbursement of expenses, with the remaining 25% going to charity.

Tax-exempt organizations can hold games of chance at festive events; however, they cannot persist for more than four consecutive days two times per year or more than five consecutive days one time per year.
About us | Feedback | Advertising
CASINO CITY NETWORK: Online Casino City | Casino City Times | Poker Zone | RGT Online | Casino City Press | Gaming Directory | iGaming News
Visit Casino City's Internet Directory
Casino City HomeWorld GamblingNorth America GamblingUnited States CasinosOhio Casinos

Sign up for the
Casino City Times
Weekly Newsletter!
CasinoCity Exclusive Bonus Offers
Top 10 Vendors